While attending a workshop for Trainers, I remembered that I have been planning a “Personal Finance Workshop” for quite some time. I have been telling myself that one should “Do it well, or don’t do it”. The result: no progress!
Let me list out the workshop objectives and the things that I want to cover in the workshop to get me re-started on this job.
The workshops will help the households to make better financial decisions and avoid common financial mistakes
- What is Personal Finance? Part 2, Part 3
- Expectations of the Participants.
- Overview of Financial Products.
- Financial Goals.
- Magic of Compounding.
- Rupee Cost Averaging.
- Playing with Numbers. Fear of Numbers
- Personal Spending Plan.
- Insurance Cover
- Mutual Funds/ETF
- Real Estate Planning
- Credit Cards
- Documentation/Legal Aspects(Wills)/
- Planning for your Children
- Retirement Planning
- Scheduling a Money Day
- Tax Planning
Pretty long list! Do you want to add anything more? Atleast it gives you a sense that personal finance is a pretty serious thing!!